19. Mai 2022In his 2021 Annual Report released today, Toronto’s Ombudsman said the City needs to re-dedicate itself to fairness for all its residents. "People in Toronto have spent more than two years adjusting to the ever-changing realities of the COVID-19 pandemic," says Ombudsman Kwame Addo. "It is especially during these times of uncertainty and change that the City needs to show the public empathy and care."
19. Mai 2022European Ombudsman, Emily O’Reilly, has published the Annual Report 2021 and put a renewed focus on how the EU institutions manage the movement of staff from the EU public administration into the private sector, the so-called ‘revolving doors’ phenomenon.
13. Mai 2022On January 24, 2022, Ms. Kristinne Grigoryan was elected as the Human Rights Defender of Armenia by the RA National Assembly and started performing her duties on February 25, 2022, in accordance with the RA Constitution and the Constitutional Law on the Human Rights Defender.
13. Mai 2022El 5 de mayo se presentó el Diccionario de las Defensorías del Pueblo, de Editorial Jusbaries, dirigido por los integrantes del Instituto Latinoamericano del Ombudsman-Defensorías del Pueblo, Carlos R. Constenla, María Soledad Manín y Alejandro Nató, en la Feria del Libro de Buenos Aires.
13. Mai 2022On 12 May 2022 the IOI signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) in a virtual signing ceremony in New York. Within the framework of this MoU, both organizations seek to develop and implement training and capacity building activities to empower Ombudsman institutions.
12. Mai 2022The Ombudsman, Ms Winnie Chiu, today (12 May) announced the launch of a direct investigation to examine the Government’s enforcement against defective sewage works of New Territories Exempted Houses (NTEHs).
12. Mai 2022The annual casebook of investigation outcomes, now in its second year, aims to be a tool for shared learning that helps build greater knowledge about issues for improving decision-making.
12. Mai 2022The Service Complaints Ombudsman for the Armed Forces (SCOAF), Ms. Mariette Hughes, presents the Annual Report for 2021.