16. September 2021The African Ombudsman Research Centre in cooperation with the African Ombudsman and Mediators Association, the University of KwaZulu-Natal and the IOI organizes a webinar on the topic of "Strengthening the mandate of the Ombudsman". The event will take place on Tuesday, 21 September 2021 (10AM SA) GMT+2.
16. September 2021The country is in the worst epidemiological situation, due to which dozens of people die every day. In the current situation, accelerating vaccination is essential to save the lives of our citizens. Recently, many citizens and organizations have addressed the Public Defender's Office with questions about whether they violate the rights of a person when they request to present a vaccination document in labour relations, services, health care, education or other areas and whether such a practice is discriminatory.
16. September 2021La Procuración Penitenciaria de la Nación presenta un nuevo reporte estadístico con información actualizada a fin de agosto de 2021 sobre la situación de las personas privadas de la libertad en el marco de la actual emergencia sanitaria.
16. September 2021The Office of the Ombudsman Malawi has a new Ombudsman with effect from 1 September 2021 and her name is Ms Grace Tikambenji Malera.
16. September 2021During COVID-19, NHRIs have played a vital role to support national health responses, as well as defend those most at risk of human rights violations. In the face of hard lockdowns and other restrictions, they have been strong advocates for the rule of law.
15. September 2021The Victorian Ombudsman has today launched an investigation into COVID-19 related interstate travel permits, exceptions and exemptions.
14. September 2021The Parliamentary and Health Services Ombudsman (PHSO) UK in partnership with the International Ombudsman Institute (IOI) cordially invite you to attend, either in person or remotely, The Manchester Memorandum working seminar on the development of national Ombudsman institutions in Manchester, UK on 9-10 November 2021.
10. September 2021The report is a key piece of research intended to provide Australian taxpayers, tax practitioners, government and business with a detailed understanding of where tax debts are accruing in the tax system and occurring in the economy.