10. Juli 2019The Ombudsman for Children, Dr Niall Muldoon, appeared before the Oireachtas Committee on Children and Youth Affairs today (Wednesday) to discuss the OCO’s No Place Like Home report and how homelessness is affecting children.
10. Juli 2019The Parliamentary Ombudsman, Mr Anthony C. Mifsud, called upon the President of the House of Representatives, the Hon. Angelo Farrugia to present the Office of the Ombudsman’s Annual Report for 2018.
9. Juli 2019A number of international organisations and networks, namely ENNHRI, Equinet, GANHRI, IOI and OHCHR Europe, issued a statement in which they openly supported the Commissioner for Human Rights of Poland Adam Bodnar who is facing a strong criticism including the hateful campaign against him and hate speech for publicly protecting the right to a fair trial and the prohibition from inhumane and degrading treatment.
9. Juli 2019The 12th World Conference and General Assembly of the International Ombudsman Institute will be hosted by the Office of the Ombudsman of Ireland and held in Dublin, Ireland between 17 and 22 May 2020. Links to an expression of interest form are now available.
9. Juli 2019The European Ombudsman community meets in Wales to explore how new powers could improve public service & New powers for Wales’ Public Service Ombudsman come into force in July.
8. Juli 2019Le Président de la République SEM Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta a reçu le rapport d'activités 2018 du Médiateur de la République.
8. Juli 2019The dataset from FRA’s second antisemitism survey is now available for further use by researchers. The dataset contains a wealth of information from over 16,000 Jews in 12 EU Member States about their perceptions and experiences of antisemitism.
8. Juli 2019Los días 26 y 27 de junio, en Toronto, tuvo lugar la Conferencia Anual de la Asociación Internacional de Comisarios Lingüísticos (IALC), bajo el lema “Protegiendo minorías lingüísticas, construyendo sociedades más fuertes”.