10. Juni 2020In its efforts to further increase its regional impact, the IOI will continue the regional subsidy programme for the membership year 2020/2021. IOI members wishing to apply for a regional subsidy are asked to fill in the IOI subsidy application form and submit their project proposal to the General Secretariat by 14 August 2020.
10. Juni 2020La lutte contre la pandémie du coronavirus a enregistré un nouveau donateur le jeudi 7 mai 2020. Il s’agit du Personnel du Médiateur de la République, à travers sa Caisse de Solidarité qui a volé au secours du Gouvernement avec 500.000 FCFA dans le but de l’accompagner pour soutenir le plan de contingence mis en place en vue de combattre la pandémie du COVID-19.
10. Juni 2020At the meeting of the Seimas Committee on Human Rights, the issue of ensuring human rights in the institutions subordinated to the Prison Department during an emergency situation was discussed. During the meeting, Augustinas Normantas, the Head of the Seimas Ombudsmen‘s Office, drew the attention of the participants to the fact that quarantine conditions are currently being mitigated; therefore, it is necessary to talk about quarantine mitigation measures in correctional facilities.
10. Juni 2020Tamar Gvaramadze, First Deputy Public Defender of Georgia, participated in the webinar - “Protecting forcibly displaced persons in the COVID-19 context: The role and experience of NHRIs and opportunities for collaboration with UNHCR, which was organized by the Global Alliance for National Human Rights Institutions (GANHRI), the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and the UN Special Rapporteur on the Human Rights of Internally Displaced Persons, CeciliaJimenez-Damary.
10. Juni 2020The Provedor de Justiça (Ombudsman) and senior staff of his Office benefited from training within the framework of the operationalization of the executive bodies of provincial decentralized governance and the bodies representing the State in the Province and the City of Maputo, administered by Dr. Bisa Novela, National Deputy Director of Local Administration Development of the Ministry of State Administration and Civil Service.
9. Juni 2020The COVID-19 pandemic has placed much of the world’s population in some form of isolation, confinement or quarantine. In this extraordinary situation, deprivation of liberty has taken on new dimensions.
9. Juni 2020ENNHRI and Mental Health Europe have published a new report on supported decision-making for people with disabilities. It highlights what supported decision-making entails in theory and in practice, as well as outlining developments in Europe and the role of National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs) in ensuring compliance with international standards.
9. Juni 2020The 2019 Annual Report of the Public Defender of Rights of the Slovak Republic (PDR) provides information on the PDR’s work on protecting the fundamental rights and freedoms of natural and legal persons, strengthening the oversight of public authorities and initiating reforms of law and public authority.