27. August 2020A man had to give up one of his jobs because he was given accommodation in Birmingham – leaving him with a three hour commute. An investigation by the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman has found London Borough of Merton at fault because it did not take into account the man’s employment status when making the offer of accommodation so far away.
26. August 2020Israel State Comptroller and Ombudsman, Mr. Matanyahu Englman, presented the institution’s Annual Report for the year 2019 to the Knesset (the Israeli Parliament) on 30 June 2020. The English summary of the 2019 report is now available.
26. August 2020La Fundación Coepio y el Instituto Latinoamericano del Ombudsman - Defensorias del Pueblo (ILO), le invita a participar del Webinario: “Derechos de las personas adultas mayores: Desafíos y oportunidades locales en la implementación de la Agenda 2030", que se realizará el 29 de agosto a las 17h00 (hora de Argentina).
25. August 2020The New South Wales (NSW) Ombudsman has released the special report on “Investigation into actions taken by SafeWork NSW Inspectors in relation to Blue Mountains City Council workplaces”. The report sets out the findings and recommendations of the Ombudsman’s investigation into SafeWork NSW.
25. August 2020The Ombudsman, Ms Winnie Chiu, announced the launch of a direct investigation to examine the effectiveness of mosquito prevention and control by the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department. Members of the public are invited to provide information and views on this topic by 20 September 2020.
25. August 2020El 20 de agosto se conmemora en nuestro país el día del activismo por la diversidad sexual en memoria de Carlos Jáuregui, referente del movimiento de Lesbianas, Gays, Bisexuales y Transgénero (LGBT+) de la Argentina.
25. August 2020GANHRI will host a webinar with the participation of the CRPD and the former Special Rapporteur on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities on "Protecting and empowering persons with disabilities in the COVID-19 context: the role and experiences of national human rights institutions" on Wednesday, 3 September 2020.
24. August 2020The African Omudsman Research Centre (AORC) will host a webinar on "Report writing skills" in Portuguese and Arabic on Thursday, 3 September 2020.