19. Mai 2022Ombudswoman Tena Šimonović Einwalter submitted to the Croatian Parliament special report “The Impact of the COVID-19 Epidemic on Human Rights and Equality – Recommendations for the Strengthening of Resilience to Future Crises.” The Report analyses the impact of the epidemic during the course of 2020 and 2021 and provides 72 recommendations with the aim of encouraging and directing the process of the strengthening of Croatia’s resilience to crises.
19. Mai 2022The Ombudsman of Montreal has published an Investigation report and recommendations among Indigenous and Inuit persons in the Milton-Parc area in Montreal.
19. Mai 2022Le 17 mai est la Journée mondiale contre l'homophobie, la transphobie et la biphobie. À cette occasion, la Défenseure des droits, Claire Hédon, rappelle l’impératif d’égalité essentiel à l’effectivité des droits des personnes LGBTI.
19. Mai 2022In his 2021 Annual Report released today, Toronto’s Ombudsman said the City needs to re-dedicate itself to fairness for all its residents. "People in Toronto have spent more than two years adjusting to the ever-changing realities of the COVID-19 pandemic," says Ombudsman Kwame Addo. "It is especially during these times of uncertainty and change that the City needs to show the public empathy and care."
19. Mai 2022European Ombudsman, Emily O’Reilly, has published the Annual Report 2021 and put a renewed focus on how the EU institutions manage the movement of staff from the EU public administration into the private sector, the so-called ‘revolving doors’ phenomenon.
13. Mai 2022On January 24, 2022, Ms. Kristinne Grigoryan was elected as the Human Rights Defender of Armenia by the RA National Assembly and started performing her duties on February 25, 2022, in accordance with the RA Constitution and the Constitutional Law on the Human Rights Defender.
13. Mai 2022El 5 de mayo se presentó el Diccionario de las Defensorías del Pueblo, de Editorial Jusbaries, dirigido por los integrantes del Instituto Latinoamericano del Ombudsman-Defensorías del Pueblo, Carlos R. Constenla, María Soledad Manín y Alejandro Nató, en la Feria del Libro de Buenos Aires.
13. Mai 2022On 12 May 2022 the IOI signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) in a virtual signing ceremony in New York. Within the framework of this MoU, both organizations seek to develop and implement training and capacity building activities to empower Ombudsman institutions.