5. August 2019Elecciones 2019: La Defensoría del Pueblo remarcó el derecho a votar de todos los ciudadanos, incluidos los usuarios de los servicios de salud mental. En ese contexto también hizo extensivas las recomendaciones de la Cámara Nacional Electoral destinadas a las autoridades de mesa para promover y facilitar el acceso de todos los ciudadanos en las próximos comicios.
2. August 2019In a special report, the Greek Ombudsman highlights the fact that the dramatic reduction in the numbers of forced returns of third country nationals in 2018 does not correspond to the high number of administrative detainees in view of return.
2. August 2019Personal de la oficina de la Defensoría del Pueblo en Loreto, Perú participó de la reunión de diálogo entre la Comunidad Nativa Nueva Jerusalén, su anexo Nazaret y la empresa Pacific Stratus Energy del Perú S.A., realizada en la localidad de Andoas, distrito del mismo nombre, provincia de Datem del Marañón en el departamento de Loreto, Perú, los días 24 y 25 de julio del presente.
1. August 2019IOI President and Irish Ombudsman Peter Tyndall published a report setting out how the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection (DEASP) has addressed his concerns about the recovery of overpayments made to social welfare recipients.
1. August 2019The British Columbia Ombudsperson is monitoring the Ministry of Education’s response to the province-wide grade 12 exam tabulation error affecting students and families across the British Columbia (BC).
1. August 2019The Control Yuan carried out an investigation to ensure that the employment rights of people with physical and/or mental health conditions were being upheld. The investigation and follow-up monitoring resulted in improvements in the overall situation.
31. Juli 2019Acting on a petition by the Human Rights Ombudsman of the Republic of Slovenia, the Constitutional Court of the Republic of Slovenia has annulled legislation which allowed police to use systems for automatic license plate recognition (ANPR). The said legislation, such as it was, contravened the constitutional right to protection of personal data. The now-annulled provisions were introduced into the Police Tasks And Powers Act in February 2017 and the Ombudsman filed the said constitutional challenge of legislation in question later that same year.
30. Juli 2019The Office of the Ombudsman of Malta received a request for cooperation from the Office of the Spanish Defensor Del Pueblo concerning an unaccompanied minor who was given shelter in Malta after departing from Libya, and who claimed to have been separated from his family who were residing in a centre in Malaga.