19. August 2019The Office of the Ombudsman of Latvia will host an IOI workshop on the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation from 16 – 17 October 2019 in Riga, Latvia. Registration is now open!
19. August 2019On August 14, the Ombudsman Ms Winnie Chiu announced a direct investigation to examine the arrangements of the Leisure and Cultural Services Department (LCSD) for depositing layout plans of public pleasure grounds in the Land Registry (LR).
19. August 2019Azerbaijani Ombudsman closely cooperates with National Human Rights Commission of Korea and Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) for capacity building of the staff.
16. August 2019The first report, Defence’s policies for receiving and responding to reports of abuse, examines current Defence policies and procedures for the reporting and management of abuse. This report focuses on Defence’s documentation in this area; subsequent reports will examine how the policies and procedures are applied in practice.
16. August 2019El documento detalla el relevamiento de un total de 1.395 víctimas que permitieron la individualización de 5.314 hechos de tortura y/o malos tratos penitenciarios durante el período en estudio.
16. August 2019Ontario Ombudsman Paul Dubé announced the details of his plans to fill the role of French Language Services Commissioner within his office. Mr Dubé will choose the new commissioner with the assistance of an expert panel: Michel A. Carrier (Interim Commissioner of Official Languages for New Brunswick), and Linda Cardinal
(University of Ottawa professor and internationally recognized authority on language rights).
16. August 2019L’Ombudsman de l’Ontario, Paul Dubé, a annoncé les détails de son plan pour pourvoir le poste de commissaire aux services en français au sein de son bureau. M. Dubé choisira le nouveau/la nouvelle commissaire avec l’aide d’un comité d’experts : Michel A. Carrier (Commissaire aux langues officielles du Nouveau-Brunswick par intérim), et Linda Cardinal (professeure à l’Université d’Ottawa et autorité reconnue à l’échelle internationale sur les droits linguistiques).
14. August 2019ENNHRI has submitted a third-party intervention to the European Court of Human Rights in the cases of Strøbye v. Denmark and Rosenlind v. Denmark concerning the right to vote for individuals who are under legal guardianship or deprived of their legal capacity. Led by the National Human Rights Institution (NHRI) of Denmark (Danish Institute for Human Rights), the submission underlines that voting rights cannot be withdrawn solely based on a disability.