24. Juni 2020Le Défenseur des droits, qui a reçu plus de 103 000 réclamations en 2019, est un lieu d’observation privilégié non seulement des difficultés quotidiennes rencontrées par les usagères et usagers des administrations et des services publics, mais aussi des atteintes portées à leurs droits et libertés et des discriminations dont ils peuvent faire l’objet.
23. Juni 2020Two ministerial orders made during the COVID-19 pandemic by BC’s Minister of Public Safety and Solicitor General went beyond the authority assigned to him under the Emergency Program Act and thus are contrary to law, an Ombudsperson investigation released today finds.
23. Juni 2020In the extraordinary circumstances of the Covid-19 pandemic where the Constitution of the Republic of Serbia allows necessary deviations from human and minority rights, the Protector of Citizens, as an independent state authority for protection of human rights, has strenghtened the supervision and extended its work to almost 24 hours all seven days a week, so that the citizens of the Republic of Serbia could also in extraordinary circumstances achieve their rights.
22. Juni 2020Recently, the Control Yuan published the 2019 Annual Report. The report includes 6 case summaries, which are categorized into public expenditures, upholding discipline and safeguarding human rights. In 2019, the Control Yuan received 14,425 people’s complaints and issued 262 investigation reports. Also 18 impeachment and 116 corrective measure cases were proposed.
22. Juni 2020On Sunday early morning the Human Rights Defender carried out comprehensive monitoring following the interrogation of the parliamentary opposition “Prosperous Armenia” fraction leader. The criminal proceeding involving the “Prosperous Armenia” fraction leader Mr. Gagik Tsarukyan is at the center of the Human Rights Defender’s attention within his legal mandate prescribed by law.
22. Juni 2020During its annual meeting that took place by electronic means on 18 May 2020, the IOI Board of Directors took decisions on several applications for IOI membership. Welcoming the new members to the IOI family the General Secretariat is pleased to present the main facts and figures of the newly admitted members.
22. Juni 2020Victoria’s integrity agencies, the Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission and the Victorian Ombudsman will pool their expertise to investigate alleged serious misconduct and corruption involving Victorian public officers.
22. Juni 2020El Síndic propone un pacto de país para abordar la crisis provocada por la COVID-19 que permita cambios radicales e incremento de inversiones en salud, servicios sociales, derechos de los niños y economía.