9. Dezember 2021We are pleased to announce that on November 15, 2021, the Public Defender of Georgia, for the first time in the history of the Public Defender’s Office, has started fulfilling the duties of a member of the Board of Directors of the International Ombudsman Institute (IOI). The Public Defender’s Office will represent the European region in the Board. The Office was elected a member of the European region in 2019. The Board of Directors oversees the organization's activities and makes decisions about its future activities.
9. Dezember 2021Victoria – In the wake of a vulnerable 60-year-old woman losing her home, Ombudsperson Jay Chalke calls for significant changes to the way municipalities use tax sales to collect outstanding property taxes.
9. Dezember 2021On 12 October 2021, the Control Yuan passed the Draft Amendments to the Control Act, adding a special section to Chapter 5-1, “Exercise of the Powers and Functions of the National Human Rights Commission,” by enacting a special law, sending it to the Legislative Yuan for consideration on the same day.
9. Dezember 2021The Northern Ireland Public Services Ombudsman (NIPSO) launches the winter edition 2021 of its Quarterly Bulletin. The Bulletin aims to provide readers with a short, easy-to-read summary of news from the office, drawing attention to NIPSO’s most recent investigation reports, providing updates on new initiatives, and highlighting other aspects of the Ombudsman’s work.
9. Dezember 2021The three ombudsmen of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, representing St. Maarten, Curaçao and the Netherlands/BES islands, urge governments in the Kingdom to take social justice issues seriously. “Real consideration for the people, that is what is missing from government.”
7. Dezember 2021The Victorian Ombudsman released her latest Investigation into decision-making under the Victorian Border Crossing Permit Directions. The report shows rather than fairly considering individual circumstances and risks, the exemptions scheme was a blunt instrument that resulted in unjust outcomes, potentially for thousands of people. Some found themselves effectively homeless and caught up in a bureaucratic nightmare. More than 300 complainants told their stories as part of the investigation.
7. Dezember 2021On 3 December 2021, the International Day of Persons with Disabilities, elections were held at the annual meeting of the European Network of the Human Rights Institutions (ENNHRI), and the Latvian Ombudsman was elected to the GANHRI Working Group on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
7. Dezember 2021En el Día Internacional de las Personas con Discapacidad, el Síndic de Greuges de la Comunitat Valenciana recordar la Convención Internacional de las Personas con Discapacidad, que entró en vigor en España en mayo de 2008. Su objetivo es promover, proteger y asegurar el goce pleno y en condiciones de igualdad, de todos los derechos humanos y libertades fundamentales por todas las personas con discapacidad, y promover el respeto de su dignidad inherente.