17. Mai 2019The 10th Biennial Caribbean Ombudsman Association Conference and Training will be held in Bermuda from 28th – 31st May. The theme for the conference is “Strengthening the Role and Performance of the Ombudsman and Human Rights Institutions in the Caribbean and Latin America”. The training will be facilitated by Dr. Victor Ayeni and the theme will be “Advancing the Ombudsman’s Impact: Roles, Services and Performance”.
17. Mai 2019In 2017, the Australian Government announced its intention to ratify the Optional Protocol to the Convention Against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment (OPCAT) treaty. Since then, the Victorian Ombudsman has been actively investigating the practical changes needed to implement OPCAT in Victoria.
15. Mai 2019A new guide to finding the correct Ombudsman has been launched by Irish Parliament Speaker, Seán Ó Fearghaíl and Rónán Ó Domhnaill, Chair of the Irish Ombudsman Network. The guide features the seven main Irish ‘Ombudsman’ offices and lists other complaint handlers.
15. Mai 2019The Control Yuan Committee on Judicial and Prison Administration Affairs headed on an inspection visit to three facilities, Kaohsiung Second Prison, Ming Yang High School and Kaohsiung Drug Abuser Treatment Center, administered by the Agency of Corrections under the Ministry of Justice on April 26, 2019.
15. Mai 2019The Ombudsman of Hong Kong SAR, Ms Winnie Chiu, announced on 15 May 2019 two direct investigations to examine: the monitoring of outsourced street cleansing services by the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department (FEHD) and the Government’s management of public toilets.
15. Mai 2019La protección de los niños frente al maltrato y al abuso fue uno de los motivos por los que el Síndic recibió el encargo legal específico en relación a los derechos de los niños y se creó la figura del adjunto o adjunta de infancia en el año 1989.
13. Mai 2019The Ombudsman received the delegation of the Council of Europe (CoE) headed by Alexandre Guessel, the Director of Political Affairs Directorate. The aim of the visit was to learn the status of implementation of the commitments undertaken by Azerbaijan as a member of the CoE. The Head of the CoE Office in Baku Zoltan Herneys and representatives of the CoE Secretariat also attended the meeting.
13. Mai 2019La Cámara Nacional de Casación en lo Criminal y Correccional prohíbe el ingreso de nuevos detenidos al Complejo Penitenciario Federal de la Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires.