2. November 2018Ali Noroozi will be stepping down as the Australian Inspector-General of Taxation (IGT) on Monday 5 November 2018. Mr Noroozi held the office since November 2008.
2. November 2018The International Ombudsman Institute and the Northern Ireland Public Services Ombudsman recently held a joint conference in Belfast to explore best practice in the exercise of ‘Own Initiative’ investigation powers. Held over two days, the conference attracted practitioners, academics and interested parties from around 30 countries.
31. Oktober 2018The 21st century family no longer relies solely on sexual or blood relations, but on how people choose their co-habitation. Marriage is not the only form of family. Ombudsman Juris Jansons calls for a unified understanding of the concept and protection of the family included in the Constitution (Satversme) and to provide a legal framework for recognizing various forms of family in Latvia.
30. Oktober 2018El defensor del Pueblo de la provincia de Santa Fe, Raúl Lamberto, presentó un balance del funcionamiento de las oficinas móviles a cuatro meses de su puesta en funcionamiento. Contó que las unidades de atención llegaron a 39 localidades de la provincia y barrios de Rosario y Santa Fe. “Nos propusimos ser una institución de cercanía”, explicó.
30. Oktober 2018Nika Kvaratskhelia, Head of the Department of Prevention and Monitoring of the Public Defender's Office, was elected as a member of the Subcommittee on Prevention of Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment for 2019-2022.
30. Oktober 2018La PPN remitió un documento al Grupo de Trabajo sobre la cuestión de la discriminación contra la mujer en la legislación y en la práctica de la ONU.
30. Oktober 2018In the wake of a special investigation, the Québec Ombudsman identified several concrete and feasible corrective measures so that Inuit receive the educational services to which they are entitled. The Québec Ombudsman feels that improvement hinges on concerted action by the Department and Kativik School Board.
30. Oktober 2018Since January 2015 Queen Margaret University (QMU) has delivered an entirely online Master’s Degree in Dispute Resolution. The underpinning philosophy of the course is combining practical experience of dispute resolution with the latest academic thought and research, to provide students with enhanced transferable theoretical knowledge and practical skills.