29. März 2019The Ombudsman Association’s 2019 Conference on “Driving Improvements: collaboration and peer learning” will be held in Belfast on 21/22 May 2019. Alongside plenary sessions on the need for kindness and emotion in public policy, there will be workshops on the common challenges faced by all Ombudsman schemes.
29. März 2019The Ombudsman of Valle d’Aosta hosted an IOI seminar on the benefits of networking, sharing best practices and supporting colleagues under threat. With the view to promote the Ombudsman concept, participants adopted the Aosta Declaration, which calls for the creation of a National Ombudsman in Italy.
28. März 2019A man lost his eye due to NHS failures in treating an eye infection, causing him significant distress and leaving him unable to work or drive. An investigation by the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO) has found that the failure to diagnose and treat the complainant’s eye infection correctly, meant that it became untreatable and, as a result, he had to have one eye surgically removed.
28. März 2019La defensora de derechos humanos y fundadora del colectivo "Caminando Fronteras" Helena Maleno ofrecerá una conferencia sobre los movimientos migratorios, los derechos de las personas migrantes y las acciones humanitarias el próximo martes día 2 de abril de 2019 a las 18:00 horas en el salón de actos del Ilustre Colegio de la Abogacía de Bizkaia, en Bilbao.
28. März 2019The Ombudsman, Maria Lúcia Amaral, received a reply from the Minister of Justice, Francisca Van Dunen, to the recommendation made to the Government to amend the law on the retention of data generated in the context of the provision of electronic communications services.
28. März 2019The Ombudsman of the Province of Santa Fe, Dr. Raúl Lamberto, presents a publication on "Social Policies and Human Rights at the local level", product of the joint work between the Office of the Ombudsman of the province of Santa Fe and the National University of Rosario, which is now also available in English.
27. März 2019The Queensland Ombudsman’s report, The Brisbane Youth Detention Centre report: An investigation into the management of young people at Brisbane Youth Detention Centre between November 2016 and February 2017, was tabled on the 27th of March by the Honourable Curtis Pitt MP, Speaker of the Queensland Parliament.
27. März 2019This report presents the state of play of the implementation of the right of European Union citizens with disabilities to vote in elections to the European Parliament. With this report, the European Economic and Social Committee (EESC) provides a full picture of how this right is actually implemented. The report is available in English, French and Spanish.