19. März 2019The English summary of 2016-2017 overview of the Chancellor of Justice activities covers the period from 1 September 2016 to 31 August 2017 and contains chapters on following topics: children and young people, prevention of ill-treatment, equal treatment, people in the digital world, covert processing of personal data, local authority, taxes and entrepreneurship and international relations.
18. März 2019Polish Commissioner for Human Rights discovered alarming case of deprivation of liberty in psychiatric facility during one of his preventive visits. A citizen was placed in the mental hospital for stealing a bike. This happened 10 years ago by a court decision that was based on the opinion of a psychologist who had not even examined the patient.
18. März 2019A high-level conference on the topic of “Impacts of artificial intelligence development on human rights, democracy and the rule of law” was held from February 26-27, 2019, in Helsinki, Finland. The conference was organized by the Finnish government and Council of Europe (CoE) within the framework of the Finnish Chairmanship of the Committee of Ministers.
18. März 2019The Office of the Ombudsman of New Zealand published their review for summer 2019.
It contains information about:
- the guidance material, which is made available to the public
- the topics of the select commitee hearing
- which former staff member was awarded a knighthood.
18. März 2019Ante la crítica situación de hacinamiento y sobrepoblación en la U28, la Cámara Nacional del Crimen dispuso que se fije un cupo máximo en dicha alcaidía.
18. März 2019Dr. Endale Haile was appointed Chief Ombudsman of Ethiopia in June 2018, replacing the Hon. Mrs Fozia Amin. Dr Haile began his career in education and spent five years as a member in the Ethiopian Parliament.
18. März 2019The African Ombudsman and Mediators Association (AOMA) recently released the 11th issue of its newsletter including a wide range of information on ombudsman institutions on the African continent. The March edition of the AOMA Newsletter is available in English and French.
18. März 2019En 2018, l’institution a reçu 95 836 dossiers de réclamations soit une augmentation de plus de 6% par rapport à 2017 et de 13% sur les deux dernières années. 80% des règlements amiables engagés par l’institution ont abouti favorablement. En outre, le Défenseur des droits a répondu à 34 999 demandes d’information. Il a rendu 295 décisions, adressé 29 avis au Parlement et présenté à 108 reprises des observations devant des juridictions.