Join a webinar on “Opening Justice: using OGP to advance access to justice”, which will be hosted by the Open Government Partnership (OGP) on 6 December 2019.
Justice is an emerging area in open government. Thanks to increased global activity around access to justice, there is growing interest by many governments and civil society organizations to better link justice with open government, and to use the OGP platform as a mechanism for making progress towards global goals such as SDG16+.
This webinar will discuss access to justice reforms that can be advanced through the OGP platform. It will share examples of country action from the new, 2019-2021 Action Plans of OGP Co-Chair Government of Argentina and Task Force on Justice member Sierra Leone, experiences from an emerging justice coalition in OGP, as well as of other justice actions globally that seek to put people at the center of justice systems as envisioned in SDG16.
The speakers will include:
- Gustavo Maurino, National Director of Access to Justice, Ministry of Justice, Argentina
- Eleanor Thompson, Human Rights Lawyer and Policy Advocate, Namati Sierra Leone
- Maaike de Langen, Head of Research for the Task Force on Justice
The webinar will take place on Friday, 6 December 2019. See information for different time zones below:
- Washington, D.C. USA (GMT-5): 9:00 – 10:00
- Argentina (GMT-3): 11:00 – 12:00
- London (GMT): 14:00 – 15:00
- South Africa (GMT+2): 16:00 – 17:00
- South Korea (GMT+9): 23:00 – 24:00
Registration is now open and can be made HERE.
Learn more about access to justice in OGP in our Justice Policy publication series HERE.
Source: Open Government Partnership (OGP)