The IOI introduces a new publication series of best practice papers with a view to provide guidance material in the form of a series of papers to address the key features which inform strong and independent control mechanisms.
- Guiding Framework on how to write a Best Practice Paper (408,8 KiB)
- Issue 1 - Developing and reforming Ombudsman institutions: An IOI guide for those undertaking these tasks (June 2017) (172,3 KiB)
- Issue 2 - Securing effective change: How to make recommendations that bring about sustainable improvement to public administration (August 2017) (681,4 KiB)
- Issue 3 - Own initiative investigations (July 2018) (618,6 KiB)
- Issue 4 - Peer review guidance (May 2020) (740,8 KiB)
- Issue 5 - Giving voice to mental health patients (Feb. 2021) (1,2 MiB)
- Issue 6 - Dealing with Challenging Behaviour (April 2021) (1,1 MiB)