The Canadian Council of Parliamentary Ombudsman (CCPO) has asked the IOI Secretariat to distribute a short survey on COVID-19 Vaccine Passports among its IOI members.
Kindly send your answers to the following questions to the IOI General Secretariat (email@example.com). We will forward your answers to our Canadian colleagues.
Short survey on COVID-19 Vaccine Passports:
1. Has your jurisdiction implemented or is it considering implementing a COVID-19 vaccine passport or other system of proof of immunity from COVID-19?
2. If yes, how is the COVID-19 vaccine passport or proof of immunity system being implemented ie; through legislation or policy?
3. Is proof of COVID-19 vaccination and/or immunity being used to limit access to public services? If so, please provide us with some information about how these requirements have been put into place, what services they apply to and the limits or restrictions.
4. How are the COVID-19 vaccine passport or proof of immunity requirements being communicated to the public?
5. What procedural safeguards are in place for those who may be impacted by the requirement for a COVID-19 vaccine passport or proof of immunity in order to access public services? Is there an appeal or complaint process in place?
6. Was the Ombudsman’s Office and/or other oversight bodies consulted or did you provide feedback on the development of the COVID-19 vaccine passport or proof of immunity requirement in your jurisdiction?
7. Have you received any complaints or are you aware of any specific concerns which have been raised about the adoption of COVID-19 vaccine passports or proof of immunity in your jurisdiction?